New Year’s Eve is just around the corner and I can just see it now, everyone dressed to the nines and in good company. I don’t know about you but I like to start the New Year off with a good outfit that makes me feel pretty and festive. That being said, styles vary from person to person and it’s best to find the outfit that best expresses that excitement for you. Here are two different New Year’s Eve looks I created and wanted to share with all of you. Enjoy!
For my first look I decided to go classic with a modern twist. This collared number screams timeless chic but also, amps up the volume with the scoop back and ocean of sequins. These delicate earrings are pretty but demure so as not to clash with the shiny effect of the dresss – NYE is the time to glitter but not blind. The neon clutch and hot pink accents really pop against the otherwise black and white elements of the outfit and give it that modern edge.
- Rare Sequin Dress With Sequin Peter Pan Collar – $89.08
- Fossil Nice Ice Rivoli Earrings – $32.99
- Asos Envelope Clutch – $36
- Benefit Little Flirt Lash – $15.00
Aren’t these lashes the cutest? They are very playful and doll like, making your eyes look dazzling without being too heavy on the drama. These feminine mary janes play in with the whole “doll” feel of the outfit but make you look and feel like a woman in charge – don’t mess with these heels.
- butter LONDON ’3 Free Nail Lacquer in Primrose Hill Panic – $14
- Chunky Heeled Double Buckle Mary Jane – $31
- L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara – $7.04
- Smashbox Lip Gloss in Electric – $18.00
For my second look I decided to go brighter and more relaxed with this bright flamey dress and various gold accents. I definitely channeled a sunset of sorts on the past year and kicked it into high gear for the next! The dress itself is striking but also, soft and flowy – perfect for possibly dancing the night away? The dress is vibrant and obviously the focal point of the outfit, so rather than try to compete with it I just accented it with gold accessories and makeup.
1. Red/orange layered tank dress – $21
2. Asos Pyramid Metal Tip Clutch – $27.27
3. F21 Woven Bangle Set – $12.80
I highly recommend the Naked Palette from Urban Decay, as it will give you that fresh face glow and just the right notes of drama. What’s there to say about these shoes – they’re killer and speak for themselves and finally, for your nails, glitter. Glitter, I say!
4. Urban Decay Naked Palette – $48.00
5. Aldo Marum Camel Strappy Sandal – $40
6. American Apparel Meteor Shower Nail Polish – $6
Did you like the looks I thought up? Which one did you like better? I’d love to know what you have planned for New Year’s Eve – share it in the comments.
Peace, Love and Sparkley Dresses,